The Louisiana Museum Foundation
Big Easy Speakeasy
An Arresting Experience with Jails, Jazz, and Bonnie and Clyde
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Old U.S. Mint
400 Esplanade Avenue
Patron Party: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
catered by: Arnaud’s
Music by: Pianist Sam Kuslan
Main Party: 8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Music by: The Creole Jazz Serenaders with Don Vappie
Dance Performance by: NOLA Chorus Girls
Big Easy Speakeasy Special Projects Co-chairs, Terrance & Stephanie Osborne and Cheryl Mintz & Brett Bauman have been working on several interesting features for the gala including a live auction ofOsborne’s art, a grandfather clock from Hurwitz Mintz and a ‘20’s style string of pearls to rival the Great Gatsby from Adlers. And for old car buffs, a 1935 Citroen will be on display compliments of Bill and Darryl Bubrig.
*Associate Membership in the Louisiana Museum Foundation is for one year and includes:
- Free admission to all Louisiana State Museum facilities for two adults, plus children or grandchildren 17 and under, and up to four guests, when accompanied by a Foundation member
- First notice of all Foundation sponsored special events
- Invitation to a special behind the scenes tour of a featured collection or exhibit for Foundation members and their guests
- Use of the Louisiana State Museum’s Historical Center (by appointment)
- Invitation for two to the Annual Member Appreciation Celebration and Dinner Meeting
- Listing in the Foundation’s quarterly newsletter and Annual Meeting program, and on the Foundation’s website
- Preview of selected exhibits and invitations to Foundation sponsored receptions
- Invitations to Friends of the Cabildo sponsored lectures, book signings and other functions
- Friends of the Cabildo member discounts (excluding 1850 House gift shop)
** At approximately 7:45 p.m., the Speakeasy patron party will feature the “arresting” of all ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ teams. The notorious duos will be rounded up and taken to “jail” to kick off the Main party.
+ Includes special bail contributor recognition. Contribution can be designated to more than one team in increments of $2,500.00
++ Includes an after-hours function, for up to four hours at an LSM facility, upon request, dependent upon availability. Function must take place by December 31, 2014. Security & maintenance fees are extra and vary by duration and number of attendees.